Listen! You can hear the prattle of the flowers as they bask in the Spring air.
Goodman House is barely visible from the street. Its separation from the street contributes to it being an intensely private, concentrated place. Here in this historic precinct you have access to everything Daylesford has to offer. There is little intrusion of traffic or noise from the bustling Spa Town that has attracted tourists for over a century. Forget the healing waters! Living in this sanctuary in Camp Street is healing.
Read the attached article that appeared in Country Style and you will appreciate the passion the current owner has for the home he so lovingly restored and decorated. Having immersed himself in Daylesford life he speaks with some authority about the benefits of living in this tight knit community. A drawcard of Daylesford was that it provided a bolt hole with easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat, Geelong and Bendigo. He was also drawn by the fine dining offered by the diverse restaurants.
Download the PDF copy of an article about Goodman House in Country Style
Good Reasons to Choose This Region
1. Sacrifice nothing in this region. You’ll love the local café and restaurant scene. Wombat Hill, Cliffy’s or the Glenlyon Store are the perfect places for a quick catch up. Enjoy cake and coffee, or long relaxed lunches with friends at numerous eateries. Experience the culture and history of this old goldfields area. Immerse yourself in the Spa scene! Visit local gardens for inspiration or simply head out bush walking along the Great Dividing Trail or along the endless trails.
2 Easily located in Central Victoria, the region is less than 90 minutes northwest of Melbourne this region and is served by a reliable, efficient, V/Line VLocity train service at nearby Malmsbury. Professionals have, for example, identified that they can enjoy a ‘tree change’ without losing access to professional networks, meetings, social events and professional development opportunities.
3. Daylesford has a rich history. You’ll love waking up here every day to country sounds. You’ll feel part of the rich tapestry of the past that can be experienced in this region.
4. In this region you will have access to all the best amenities and professionals as well as excellent government services, communications and transport infrastructure. You’ve got the best of everything right here so you won’t have to give up your city comforts.
5. Hear that? Neither do we. Shut out the noise of the city and raise your family the way you’ve always wanted to. This is one of the best places in regional Victoria to give your kids space to run around, climb trees and explore. They’ll be exhausted at the end of the day after all that fresh air. That peace and quiet is sounding good, isn’t it?
6. You don’t have to give up the best education when you leave the big city. Everything you need to provide your kids with first-rate education and community based lifestyle is all but on your doorstep.
7. If you remember a time when your neighbours were like a part of your family you’ll know how much better life was. Life IS like this in this area! Studies have shown that people who know and trust their neighbours are more likely to report better health.
8. There is support here from womb to tomb. You have all the health services you need
9. Whatever your fields of interest you will find kindred spirits in one or more of the numerous clubs and activity groups.